This introductory course is aimed at individuals, as well as People Managers, who need to understand and manage depression for their own benefit or for the benefit of those they work with.
The course content has been developed by experienced and qualified counsellors with over 30 years of experience of helping people with a range of issues including stress, depression and anxiety.
This course will cover the following:
- What is Depression?
- Myths and Misconceptions
- Signs and Symptoms – Thoughts and Feelings
- Signs and Symptoms – Behaviour
- Signs and Symptoms -Physical Health
- Causes of Depression – Psychological
- Causes of Depression – Cognitive
- Depression in Women – PMT
- Depression in Women – PND
- Depression in Women – Menopause
- Depression in Men
- Bipolar Disorder
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Personal and Occupational Development
- Depression and Carers
- Carers – Caring for Someone Else
- Carers – Caring for Yourself
- Depression and Unemployment
- Depression and Employment
- Depression and the Employer
How long does the course last?
7 – 10 hours.
Are there any entry requirements?
You will need basic literacy skills, eg be able to read English. As this is an online course you will need access to a PC installed with Internet access.
What support is available during the course?
We’ll provide e-mail support to answer your questions during the course.
I don’t have a PC at home, will I be able to access the course using a library PC?
How much time will I get to complete the course?
You’ll be given up to 12 months online access to complete the course.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, you’ll receive the following e-certificate: EC-PC Depression Awareness and Management.
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept payment by card, cheque or by bank transfer – please contact us for more details.
How do I make a company booking?
Please view our terms & conditions and then contact us to make your booking.