While everyone has worries, or becomes anxious about some things, an anxiety disorder is more than that, affecting an individual’s quality of life, and ability to work effectively.
- Over 15 million people in the UK suffer from mental ill health.
- Anxiety is one of the most common problems.
- It affects 15% of the population, or 1 in 6 people.
- In 2010, 40% of disability worldwide is due to depression and anxiety.
- In the last 15 years, anxiety disorders have increased by 13%.
Where stress is a broad-spectrum illness recognised and supported by many employers, anxiety is sharper, far less understood and far more likely to cause workplace problems.
The course is aimed at individuals, as well as People Managers, who need to understand and manage anxiety for their own benefit or for the benefit of those they work with.
The course is brought to you by tutors who are qualified counsellors, members of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, with 25 years of experience of helping people with a range of issues including stress, depression and anxiety.