Microsoft Excel User-Friendly Spreadsheets
This intermediate course will show you how to make your spreadsheets easier to use, for yourself and/or for others.
We start the course by showing you how to use tools to improve presentation. We’ll move on to show you how to use tools and functions to make sheets easier to use. We’ll show you how to insert hyperlinks and objects, and you’ll learn how to create data validation rules. You’ll also learn how protection can be used, and how to share a workbook and track changes. We’ll end the course by showing you how to save your workbook as a template ready for users to use.
1 Day (6 hours approx)
The course can be delivered using Microsoft Excel 2010, 2013 or 2016.
* Cost based on one person attending a scheduled course at our Aberdeen Training Centre. The course can also be delivered at your premises or at a hired venue in the following locations: Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth, Stirling.
This course will cover the following:
- Use Tools to Improve Presentation
- Use Tools to Make Sheets Easier to Use
- Use Functions to Make Sheets Easier to Use
- Insert Hyperlinks and Objects
- Apply Data Validation
- Protect Cells, Sheets and Workbooks
- Share a Workbook and Track Changes
- Save a Workbook as a Template
Is there any funding available to pay for the course?
Yes, funding is available for individuals living in Scotland, subject to T&C’s.
Click here to find out more.
Are there any entry requirements?
Yes, you should have good existing skills using Microsoft Excel, eg be familiar with the majority of topics covered on our Microsoft Excel Level 3 course.
How often do courses take place?
We schedule courses on demand, please contact us for the next available date.
What are the course times?
Morning session: 09.30-12.30
Afternoon session: 13.30-16.30
Is lunch included?
Yes, if you are attending this course in Aberdeen. Lunch is served at Soul.
Will I get course notes?
Yes, you’ll receive user-friendly course notes for future reference.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, you’ll receive the following e-certificate: EC-PC Microsoft Excel User-Friendly Spreadsheets.
Do you offer any tutor support after the course?
Yes, you’ll receive 3 months e-mail support covering questions relating to any of the course topics.
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept payment by card, cheque or by bank transfer – please contact us for more details.