Introduction to Managing Projects
This introductory/intermediate course will show you how to get started using Microsoft Project to create, update and manage your projects.
1 Day (6 hours approx)
* Cost based on one person attending a scheduled course at our Aberdeen Training Centre. The course can also be delivered at your premises or at a hired venue in the following locations: Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth, Stirling.
This course will cover the following:
- Create a new project
- Enter task information
- Work with the Gantt chart and other views
- Schedule tasks
- Apply project constraints and deadlines
- Enter project resources
- Set the project baseline
- Apply project costs
- Update and track progress
- Sort, filter and group data
- Produce and view project reports
- Use page setup and printing options
To improve understanding during the course, use will be made of real-life project plans including:
– An office refurbishment project
– A project to launch of a new website
– Producing a project proposal for a prospective client
Is there any funding available to pay for the course?
Yes, funding is available for individuals living in Scotland, subject to T&C’s.
Click here to find out more.
Are there any entry requirements?
Yes, you should have a good working knowledge of using Microsoft Excel.
How often do courses take place?
We schedule courses on demand, please contact us for the next available date.
What are the course times?
Morning session: 09.30-12.30
Afternoon session: 13.30-16.30
Is lunch included?
Yes, if you are attending this course in Aberdeen. Lunch is served at Soul.
Will I get course notes?
Yes, you’ll receive user-friendly course notes for future reference.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, you’ll receive the following e-certificate: EC-PC Introduction to Managing Projects.
Do you offer any tutor support after the course?
Yes, you’ll receive 3 months e-mail support covering questions relating to any of the course topics.
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept payment by card, cheque or by bank transfer – please contact us for more details.