Child Protection Level 1
This tutor-led course is aimed at anyone who wants to work with or around children, eg carers, nursery assistants, charity workers, school cleaners etc.
* Cost based on one person attending a scheduled course at an arranged venue in Aberdeen city centre. The course can also be delivered at your premises or at a hired venue in the following locations: Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth, Stirling.
This course will cover the following:
- Duty of Care
- Obligation and the Golden Rule
- The Human Rights Act v Child Protection
- Types of Abuse
- Signs of Abuse
- Risk Factors for Children
- Cultural Differences
- Scottish System of Protection
- Levels of Capacity for Sexual Consent
Is there any funding available to pay for the course?
Yes. funding is available for individuals living in Scotland, subject to T&C’s.
Click here to find out more.
Are there any entry requirements?
You will need basic literacy skills, eg be able to read English.
How often do courses take place?
We schedule courses on demand, please contact us for the next available date.
What are the course times?
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
During the course you will be required to sit an assessment. If you pass the assessment you’ll receive the following e-certificate: EC-PC Child Protection Level 1.
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept payment by card, cheque or by bank transfer – please contact us for more details.