Basic IT Skills Workshop
The aim of this tutor-led workshop is to improve your basic IT skills and give you confidence using a PC. The workshop will focus on the core skills that you’ll need to use the Internet to visit websites and to find information. The workshop will also cover the essential skills that you’ll need to send and receive e-mail.
£200 per person – at our Aberdeen training centre.
The workshop consists of the following 4 training sessions:
- Monday 28th May (10am-12.30pm)
- Tuesday 29th May (10am-12.30pm)
- Thursday 31st May (10am-12.30pm)
- Friday 1st June (10am-12.30pm)
If these dates and/or times are not convenient then please contact us for the next available workshop.
This course will cover the following:
Basic Mouse and Keyboard Skills
– Point and click
– Click and drag
– Right-clicking by mistake
– Click within a text box
– Use the Backspace key to delete text within a text box
– Use the Shift key to insert capital letters within a text box
Basic Internet Skills
– Start Google Chrome
– Close Google Chrome
– Visit a website using the address bar
– Click hyperlinks correctly
– How to fix clicking and dragging by mistake
– Use the Back button
– Search for information within a website
– Use a drop-down menu to search for information
– Use Google to search for a website
Basic E-mail Skills
– Read an e-mail
– Send an e-mail
– Delete an e-mail
– Reply to an e-mail
– Forward an e-mail containing your CV
How big is the class size?
Our courses are delivered to small groups at our Aberdeen training centre – there are up to 3 learners in a group. We can provide onsite training to larger groups for company bookings.
If I cannot attend a training session can the course be extended?
No, unfortunately this course is limited to 4 training sessions.
Will I get course notes?
Yes, you’ll receive easy-to-follow course notes for future reference.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, you’ll receive the following e-certificate: EC-PC Basic IT Skills Workshop.
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept payment by card, cheque or by bank transfer – please contact us for more details.
Do you offer any group discounts for company bookings?
Yes, please contact us for more details.
If you live in Scotland you could be eligible to get up £200 towards the cost of a training course with an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) from Skills Development Scotland.
You can apply for ITA funding if you are aged 16 or over and:
– you are unemployed, or
– you are employed and have an income of £22,000 or less per annum, or
– you are self-employed and have an income of £22,000 or less per annum, or
– you are retired and your total pension income is £22,000 or less per annum, or
– you are not working and have no income
You will not be able to apply for ITA funding if you are in school, or are enrolled in a College or University course, or if you are involved in any other SDS funded programme including Modern Apprenticeships.
Need more info?
Please contact us for more details.
Ready to apply?