Basic IT Skills Workshop
This tutor-led workshop covers the core skills required to use a PC, from basic keyboard skills to using the Internet with confidence. The workshop will also introduce the learner to using webmail to send and receive e-mail.
£200 per person – at our Aberdeen training centre.
This course will cover the following:
Basic Mouse and Keyboard Skills
– Point and click
– Click and drag
– Right-clicking by mistake
– Click within a text box
– Use the Backspace key to delete text within a text box
– Use the Shift key to insert capital letters within a text box
Basic Internet Skills
– Start Google Chrome
– Close Google Chrome
– Visit a website using the address bar
– Click hyperlinks correctly
– How to fix clicking and dragging by mistake
– Use the Back button
– Search for information within a website
– Use a drop-down menu to search for information
– Use Google to search for a website
Basic E-mail Skills
– Read an e-mail
– Send an e-mail
– Delete an e-mail
When does the course take place?
The workshop takes place over 4 mornings/afternoons in 1 week. Please contact us for the next available dates.
How big is the class size?
Our courses are delivered to small groups at our Aberdeen training centre – there are about 3 learners in a group. We can provide onsite training to larger groups for company bookings.
Are there any entry requirements?
Before enrolling on the course you must be able to commit to attending all 4 training sessions.
Will I get course notes?
Yes, you’ll receive easy-to-follow course notes for future reference.
Will I get a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, you’ll receive the following e-certificate: EC-PC Basic IT Skills Workshop.
What payment methods do you accept?
We can accept payment by card, cheque or by bank transfer – please contact us for more details.
Do you offer any group discounts for company bookings?
Yes, please contact us for more details.
If you live in Scotland you could be eligible to get up £200 towards the cost of a training course with an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) from Skills Development Scotland.
You can apply for ITA funding if you are aged 16 or over and:
– you are unemployed, or
– you are employed and have an income of £22,000 or less per annum, or
– you are self-employed and have an income of £22,000 or less per annum, or
– you are retired and your total pension income is £22,000 or less per annum, or
– you are not working and have no income
You will not be able to apply for ITA funding if you are in school, or are enrolled in a College or University course, or if you are involved in any other SDS funded programme including Modern Apprenticeships.
Need more info?
Please contact us for more details.
Ready to apply?