SDS Individual Training Accounts
If you live in Scotland you could be eligible to get up £200 towards the cost of a training course with an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA) from Skills Development Scotland.
You can apply for ITA funding if you are:
– 16 or over
– living in Scotland
– currently in, or actively seeking work
– in receipt of an income of £22,000 a year or less, or are on certain benefits
You will not be eligible to apply for ITA funding if you are currently undertaking any secondary, further or higher education, or are involved in any other SDS-funded programme including the Employability Fund, a Scottish Apprenticeship or Community Jobs Scotland.
Transition Training Fund
The Transition Training Fund offers support with training grants to help you to retrain, upskill or get accreditation or certification that would help you get a new job in oil and gas, the wider energy sector, or engineering and manufacturing.
You can apply for the fund if you:
- are resident in Scotland
- have been made redundant or currently at risk of redundancy from the Oil and Gas Sector or its’ supply chain
- have worked in the Oil and Gas sector or the supply chain as an employee or contractor
- can show that the training will help you get a new job
- are actively seeking employment
- have not committed to, or undergone, the course of training you’re looking for funding for.
To find out more please visit the Transition Training Fund website > click here